Have A Friend to Share?

Sunday, February 3, 2013

SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad - Battle between Blogger & Wordpress

Blogger vs Wordpress - SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad
This SEO contest for the keyword SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad seems like a contest between blogger and wordpress. As I searched for this keyword wordpress blogs seems to be dominating the 1st SERP, Which is odd and just wondering how could this happen.

Even though Google own Blogger it cannot and should not favor it's product over ranking page and it's obvious they indeed don't favor Blogger. But how wordpress tops the page? Are they better optimized for the keyword SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad? I just checked out some wordpress blogs which are competing this SEO contest and most were just mean. Full of this keyword and nothing more.

Some even using multiple tags with repetitive keywords with CAPS and without and many with duplicate tags. Almost all where just using this keyword to describe the event and info about it and it makes a post. 

But what about quality content concept? My blog is just 2 days old and I know I'm competing blogs older than mine but some wordpress blog post exactly 2 days old are at top but not my blogger posts. Hmm, I was intrigued. 

After all black hat SEO indeed works as a quick fix but not for the longer run. And this SEO contest for SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad keyword seems like a better testing platform for me to really understand what works and what doesn't. I still have 20 days to go and 7 posts to try.

So what do you think..why wordpress ranks higher than a blogger post? What makes wordpress better?