Have A Friend to Share?

Saturday, February 16, 2013

Little SEO Tweaks

SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad




Just wanted to share this Latest, Official Cool Video of Felicity 2013 promo. As you all know I'm participating in SEO contest at IIIT Hyderabad to rank high in search engines like Google, Bing and Duckduckgo for the keyword SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad.

And in the quest of this contest I have optimized some little things which might not seem as SEO but it will have an impact for better ranking in SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad. First thing I need to get all the pages to get indexed in search engines. So far, Google have done it and Bing have indexed half of the pages but duckduckgo still didn't index any pages.

And in Google webmaster tools, I saw a duplicate link in html improvement section which seems to be due to blog archive widget. So I've removed it. Also I know for the fact that Labels are not crawled as a default by robot.txt and so for full access of all my post in every page, I've placed the links in the navigation bar. This will work great because it will be google friendly navigation and the link juice will flow freely throughout the entire blog for SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad ranking.

What I noticed in wordpress is that they have the tags option which I think is missing in blogger and so wordpress is gaining undue advantage over blogger. Even Matt Cutts had said that wordpress is takes care of 80 to 90% of SEO, which is great and good luck for guys chosen wordpress for SEOContestAtIIITHyderabad contest. Checkout this video.


So I though I better do some SEO of my own to my blogger blogspot. So I added meta keyword and meta description and meta news keyword manually for each post. But I haven't seen any significant change in my rankings but lets wait and see how it goes.

Also I tried to include breadcrumbs to this blog which is using seocontestatiiithyderabad as the label but due to intensedebate commenting system installed, having some issues to implement it. Damn, I'm getting so into this contest and I'm thinking is it all worth it? Will I able to win this contest? By the way, this college IIIT at hyderabad which conducts this competition is great doing great work. Checkout the offical Promo video above for the quality and the level of intensity the students of this College, IIIT, are showing. 

Will update later..